Travel saftey

Travel knowledge ,Solo trips, Travel insurance,News, Blog

Translate

Sunday, March 15, 2020

Iceland guide to go

Hey guys and welcome to Reykjavik, I'm actually standing in Iceland right by the Harborfront

It's windy as hell, chilly as hell and it's September. Welcome to Iceland

So we're gonna try to get a perspective on what the dating culture is in Iceland in our very first single's guide to Iceland

So come and join us. Let's go and walk out of this cold cause I'm freezing to death

Iceland has a surprisingly small population of only about

330,000 residents so it's really interesting to find out that it's also one of the most sexually liberated countries in the world

It's so cool here because all the houses are all these different colors. It actually feels like I'm in a toy city

Uh, yeah, this is the most famous hot dog, right?

So we're apparently next to the best hot dog place in the city. So Icelanders are huge on their hot dogs

But I thought I'd go and get some hot dogs and talk to people. These guys look Italian

I'm trying to do this gracefully

This this is good, this is really good right? Crunchy. It's the favorite hot dog of Bill Clinton?

What about Hillary Clinton, does she like this hot dog too?

Some people come for the nature. I came for the penis museum, but seriously, what better way to learn about the sex culture

Let's start with the biggest one

That's right here

Sperm whale

African elephant.  Always  the Africans. If you guys want to personally know the Icelandic national handball team

It's right there. This does not look like a penis at all

Everyone's probably like it's okay. It's not the size that counts

Skotila the Hunt

It's a very good-looking man

You put on an underwear and then all of a sudden you're like

I want to uncork a bottle with my penis.  If you could pick one of these to have

For your whole life. Which one would it be?

We're filming you so pick wisely

Cause the second part of this experiment is worse

The green one! The merman

Like in America, you know or in Canada we have kind of like the the game, you know, like the guy

Feels like we don't have time for that we just like know if you

Do you wanna? Ok. Yes. Sure. Good. Okay. Okay, like we both want to yes

I heard that like casual sex is a big thing, right? Yeah it is

Yeah, yeah like on average

Yeah, mostly they have sex and just to make sure that's okay. Maybe we should go on a date

You moved here how many years ago? One year ago this week. All right, so why?

I was just always fascinated with

Scandinavia and the Nordic countries and I felt like it was somewhere I wanted to be and it was just like

Can I say fantasy, I don't know

Yeah, it was always like a fantasy. And then saw pictures. It just took my breath away.

In most of the world, you wait until the third date or the forth date

Here? What if you say that to a guy. Like have you ever said to someone? Yeah, I'm I'm sorry

I'm not ready. Yeah, I said that on the first day because

Because it was a shock to me I was like: is this really, is this really happening?

Am I really in this situation? And yeah I was because it's normal here

Really common to just sleep together and then you're like, oh should we meet up or yeah, that's sort of the Icelandic way

 

That's how a lot of people I know have met

My sisters and stuff. So you meet someone at a party and then you go home with them and then you're like

Oh you were pretty cool

You were good, five stars. Really romantic.

Beautiful, you know warms my heart of this chilly day

How can you have sex with someone if you know?

that

You're gonna run into the next day or something like that. Yeah, it is kind of

Annoying. I have thought of all that a bit

So everyone, you know just does it and people get used to it I guess. We have no other choice.

You kind of know who the guy is, you know of him, you maybe know some of his friends

Most of the time he's not a complete stranger

If I actually want to date them as something serious

Then I would want to wait a bit, I guess. A little bit at least

What happens in Iceland if there is no dating life?

Alcohol!

Alcohol, yeah

How do you say cheers?

skál

Think of like you're saying "scowl" when you're not happy or frowning but say it happily

Back in the day people just

drank like sponges. They still do!

Okay, they still do, they still do. It's taking a shift. You used to have bus tours around like the downtown area called

Reykjavik wildlife tours

You just see drunk guys everywhere, screwing in the hillside, drunk everywhere, vomiting

Where can we see this

You can see this in the 90's or the 80's

So you take a shark, you chew it 5 to 10 times

Swallow it, say skál. What it means like cheers but means death to your enemies and you take a shot

Enjoy the taste

You have to feel the Viking soul in you

Because then you have to make a like angry Viking face because if you made a mistake in this steps

It's gonna cost you 10 years of bad sex

It smells like chlorine

skál!

This is my angry Viking face

You missed it. I was going like this. You saw my angry Viking face!

You get girls coming up to you, approaching you?

Yeah, something happens that they come up to you just complimenting you or just asking if you want to go to bed

So they would just come up and say "do you wanna have sex"?

Just straight, without even knowing you

And this happened to you?

And then they will not say even hello the day after on the street

I just walked up these girls. I didn't think I was gonna have any luck

But they are so cool and down-to-earth and they just said - yeah, we're gonna go follow them for 10 minutes and see what their nightlife is like

It's Saturday night, right? So this is like the busiest night of the week

Yeah, I would say so. ég heiti Stella and ég heiti Raka. ég heiti Marina

Okay, I feel like I sound wrong but ok. No, no.

What we do is we go there for a cocktail and then we go up the street to like Prikid

Or some place that you can dance where there is like a DJ

Step number one is you go home together drunk of a night out and step two is like I might now after I've gone home with him

Add him on Instagram or something. Yeah, maybe if I'm interested! Maybe! But if not, like, whatever

There are big cities where you see people and you won't see them again. But here, you'll always see the person again

So you don't have to go and get her number. So you're just like - meh, whatever, and you know you're gonna see them again next week in the same place

Makes people lazy, right? Oh yeah, for sure!

The only kind of dating life here is through Tinder I guess and people only use Tinder for quick f*cks

I mean at least you've talked before!

I know a little bit about you but not enough, but yeah, let's f*ck. No dating live in Iceland

I watch movies from Hollywood that are just like he met her in the coffeeshop and asked for a date!

If that would happen in Iceland

If someone asked for my phone number I would be like - what the f*ck creep, leave me alone! Go away

I went to Spain and there was this guy who was like "You look so pretty. We should meet!"

I was like "We should meet?" like

Later than tonight? Like we should not have sex tonight and talk later?

Oh we should meet la-- oh we should talk together. OK!

So we're off to see the Northern Lights

We got pretty luck because we heard that there was a sighting

Sighting? Can you say that - sighting? It's like a ghost sighting. We heard there was a ghost sighting

Enjoy our nature and it's a condom. This one is 10 bucks a pop

Which explains why Iceland?

tops

ranking

In Europe for 10 years in a row that's pretty impressive right there

So here are my thoughts on the casual sex culture of Iceland

I think Iceland is not for the weak-hearted, for those of you that get attached way too fast way too soon

It may really hurt to see that the person that you shared something

So intimate with is now hooking up with someone else the next day or possibly even someone

you know,  after all Iceland is a very small island where everybody knows each other Some of the positives that I found are that

Here you can get away from the stigma of being called a slut. The women are free to do what they want

They are free to sleep with whoever they want. It is the most liberal country in the world

The other great thing is that you can really filter out someone who you're not sexually compatible with and the other thing is in North

America a lot of times we date each other for the purpose of maybe just sleeping with them

We just do tend to lead them on. Here, you know right away you get that part over with if someone sticks with you

It's because they genuinely like you

You

No comments:

Post a Comment