this week in South Korea with Korea tourism continues if you did not see my last post, I will link it below after a few days in Seoul I flew to Jeju island this morning which is an island on the southern coast of South Korea, it is about an hour's flight from Seoul I am so excited to share with you what we are doing this afternoon as we learn to be acquitted as the female divers Jeju Island, if you have not yet women divers from Jeju heard it is an incredible thing as the women of Jeju Island a few hundred years ago all lost their husbands at sea because the men were the fishermen and they and they died at sea, so the Jeju Island women had to be resourceful and they started free diving for fish to sell their family diving fish to make money for generations to come it actually overturned the gender roles where the women became the fishermen and I don't think that I'm going to be very good at it, but it will be very interesting give it a chance we made it to the Jeju diving school and here behind me is a diver to see this kind of upside down and I think we're going out maybe it's our nets the dock and free dive shackles and we're going to dive and get stuff that we hope to have put in here [Music] that's why our instructor taught us that the key to free diving lies flat on the water and then hinges and straight at the middle diving and she makes it look so easy that I couldn't make it, it was so hard, but it was really fun to try and I'm still going to make some tonight so we three are done diving it's so much harder than I am thought it would be, I can't help but believe they are doing it absolutely crazy for six hours a day, so now we're at a night market and we're going to find dinner and go shopping so we walking through the market keeps a very pleasant tour guide and he tells us about everything in the land market, maa r apparently they eat on Jeju Island like raw things we see that they are like no, we do not cook it; we eat it so raw it is a challenge for me about Korea, I am NOT a very adventurous eater and tonight our dinner is basically completely raw fish that comes to my comfort zone a bit and eats raw fish meal, you do not light up well I have to stop what I have to have this chopstick [Music] today was so good tonight in the night market just like an authentic feeling experienced here in Korea with all the vendors and the food and like just us sit and eat our meal as in that little alley one of my happiest travel memories, one of my most authentic travel experiences I think day two in Jeju we started on the beach is so blue at parts of this island that I did not expect that at sunrise we don't reach a peak formed about 5000 years ago by hydro-volcanic eruptions and it's now a UNESCO site, it looks like something from Jurassic Park really nice, it's amazing when you drive on the island that you shackles will see in the water, which are the women who are free and these women men are now waiting a ramp with trucks to collect the nets as they swim in it, we pull over to look at everything and they take a closer look let's actually take turns to retract the net I'm going to take this video record here, I hope you guys enjoyed exploring Jeju Island with me, it was nice to get out of Seoul and see another part of Korea if I don't have one yet Post in South Korea are coming, so stay tuned for the work above I will show it below, and I will see you in the next one .
Translate
Friday, March 6, 2020
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment