Travel saftey

Travel knowledge ,Solo trips, Travel insurance,News, Blog

Translate

Sunday, August 23, 2020

what is the shocking culture in France?


  If you are German and do not have a bicycle, it is South Asian and does not have brown skin - very rare.  Bicycles are used for everyone - getting to work, going to school, groceries, and more.  I was also surprised to see 60 years of people riding bicycles.

  Most central stations in Germany will have an aura of urine around them

  The moment you get off the bus or tram close to a large station, you will be greeted primarily by a repulsive smell of urine and beer (often mixed) as a lot of homeless people are taking shelter close to these areas.

  Potable tap water

  It is a complete game-changer.  After a 30-minute train ride to the university carrying bags from its central station, I was tired and very thirsty.  I looked for a water dispenser in my student hostel and found nothing.  I gave up and just filled the bathroom tap with some water.

  After chasing it, I did some research and found out that Germany tap water is of super high quality and is completely safe to drink.  Saved money

  Cities are closed on sunday

  Do you want to go shopping  Are you out of eggs and milk for tomorrow?

  Sorry about that, you have to wait.  Supermarkets and all stores remain closed on Sundays.  I had to make sure and really validate it with people because I could not believe it at all.

  However, if you enjoy beer or some coffee and cake, the sights are open.

  People obey traffic laws

  No matter how expensive a person is driving a car - if you are walking or riding a bicycle, you always have priority.  Ever since I come from a country where the bigger your car is, the more rights you get on the road.

  In addition, there is a pedestrian traffic signal that people respect and follow.

  The power does not go out

  No, I am not from a small village where you get 1 hour of electricity a day, but I have days in my village where there was no electricity from 7 am to 3 pm.  It has been 1453 days since I lived in Germany and for one second I have not experienced a power outage.  Wonderful!

  Penis tour

  This is a recent setback since moving to Berlin almost a year ago.

  If you are on the beach to enjoy some views of the water and get some sunshine, there is a high probability that either the penis or a pair of breasts will obstruct your view.  You cannot avoid it, you will see it and you will accept it.  Then it is no more shocking.

  Dogs, dogs, more dogs more

  It is getting interesting.  I had a lifelong fear of dogs, and to see that almost every household in Germany has a dog was far from ideal.  This is what German people love their dogs, they are trained and if they bite you, you are entitled to financial remuneration.  So there is no negative aspect, at least for me, I am cutting.

  Getting used to sirens

  If you are in a big city, there is an ambulance or a police siren that you should listen to every day.  In a small city, it may be lower.

  No ceiling fans

  I can not sleep without one.  I needed the sound of a fan to sleep.  I arrived in August and the nights before were terrible - it was absolutely silent and there was no airflow.  Being brown, I bought a portable fan directed at my face to resort to a good night's sleep.

  Casteism

  People are asses everywhere - I've met some extremely nice people during my time here, but I've also been called a "break stick skee" (a piece of brown) by drunk whites.

  However, this is more true for small cities than large cities.  For example, Berlin is super open and friendly when it comes to this kind of stuff.

  Accommodating police

  Being a color other than white, it really comes in handy.  The police get fair pay in Germany and they are not assholes as you will find them in most parts of the world.

  Earnings are substantial compared to South Asia

  As a graduate student in Germany what I was earning with my part-time job was higher than what my brothers were earning as an undergraduate in india.

  Quality of Life

  4

  There is no one shouting at you to bring groceries from the shop down the street.  You are not hearing cars after getting up in the morning amid rickshaw noise because everyone is delayed in working.  You will not see the smoke coming out of the car exhaust as no one has maintained their cars.

  Life is quiet and orderly.  You have time for yourself and you have a lot of time to learn from the environment and incorporate it into your life.

  State health insurance is mandatory and it is good

  The concept of health insurance was introduced only when I landed in Germany.  Before that, I was oblivious to the concept of insurance because we never had any.  When you have good health insurance, your life is very simple and happy.

  Car and Scooter Sharing

  4

  You will only find it in big cities like Hamburg, Berlin, Munich, but it is absolutely insane.  You can ride a BMW / Mercedes / Audi, from point to point B will have literally the same price as public transportation will cost.

  I use it all the time and for a fraction of the price it is one of the greatest luxuries of my life.

  Coffee and wine are in abundance

  You start your day with a fresh decoction and break it in any endless club in Germany (on weekends only).

  If you are in Berlin, this experience moves to a new level with amazing cafes and oh so notorious clubs.

  There is more that I can write but it tops the list!

No comments:

Post a Comment